Friday, April 2, 2010

Beautiful people

This is my first post.

The people in Mossville are some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen--physically, emotionally and spiritually. There is a light that shines from their eyes.

Beja and I attended church on Sunday, March 21, 2010. We were invited to fill out information cards and were welcomed with smiles. The pastor wove us and New York into his sermon; the singing and music were amazing. One of the singers is the pastor's daughter and she has made a CD...what a voice.

The church bulletin has a section that says:

"Don't Forget to Pray for...

Illness
An adolescent 14 year old with cancer, need healing
A couple, pancreatic cancer surgery & one has mass on kidney...
Another, cancer in remission...
Another, mass on stomach...

and on and on..

I have traveled to Mossville three times now and come home ill each time. This in a matter of days, not months or years. I wonder not that Mossville residents are dying but how they remain alive and keep the faith.

What is loved remains in the heart. My spiritual teacher says that we cannot take anything back--not the harsh words, not the love. I'm grateful for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment